10 things that can destroy a Christian marriage
|10 things that can destroy a marriage|
The purpose of marriage is to fulfill God’s word and Christ’s covenant relationship. In this article, I will list ten things that can destroy a marriage. I will also get you to know the things that ruin a Christian marriage.
Christian marriages today are under attack by own bad habits. These bad habits are what Satan uses to attack our marriage.
You should know that Christian marriage is a natural thing created by God to represent spiritual matter.
God’s Purpose For Christian Marriages Today
Marriage is a covenant that unites Christ and His Church together. It activates the covenant relationship of Christ and His church.
A Christian marriage should serve as an example to the world with an evidence of Christ’s unconditional love for His Church.
Making your marriage work is a lifetime responsibility that requires consistent discipline.
The fact about Christian marriage is to fulfill scripture and the greatest objective in your Holy matrimony is about being happy and reflecting God’s love.
A Christian marriage is ordained to portray deep love for humanity. The love you and your husband or wife share should provide the clearest vision of Christ’s love.
As a Christian Couple, you are the light of the world for other couples to understand the deep love and affection Christ has for humanity.
Why Christian Marriages Don’t Workout
There are no two ways about it; marriage is a lifelong investment, and why our doesn’t work out is because we fail to invest these things:
- Physical Intimacy
- Spiritual Intimacy
Another reason why our Christian marriage doesn’t work out is that we fall victim to bad habits that don’t glorify God and it’s against humanity. Bad habits go a long way to destroy our Christian marriage union.
Effects of Bad Habit on Christian Marriages
- The ultimate conversation that made your relationship a glorious and sweet one will be replaced with bickering.
- No more happy moments.
- That Spark of love will be missing.
- It destabilizes Physical intimacy.
List of Bad Habits That Destroy Christian Marriages
- Anger: Uncontrolled anger can cause a lot of damage in your Christian marriage. Anger can also destroy the bond between you and your spouse.
- Neglect: Taking your spouse for granted destroys a lot of things in your marriage physically. It reduces intimacy and trust.
- Prayerlessness: Prayer will stop you from sinning and sin will stop you from praying. If you don’t acknowledge the value of prayer in your marriage. You miss an opportunity to strengthen your Christian marriage.
A prayerless soul is a Christless soul
A Graceless man will be a prayerless man
- Secrets: It leads to dishonesty and lies. Secrets are devils strongholds in destroying Christian marriages. Anytime you hide anything from your wife or husband, honesty is broken and the devil takes the victory.
- Pornography: Watching porn videos is a sin that reduces human beings to an image and implies that our spouses aren’t pleasurable enough for us. Both females and males struggle with these sinful habits. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7.
- Lack of physical Intimacy: Bad habits goes a long way to destroy your physical intimacy between you and your spouse. Quarreling and conflicts is a barrier to physical intimacy. God’s purpose for marriage is to foster “oneness”. 1. Corinthians 7:3-5 “The man should give his wife all that is her right as a married woman, and the wife should do the same for her husband: 4. For a girl who marries no longer has full right to her own body, for her husband then has his right to it, too; and in the same way, the husband no longer has full right to his own body, for it belongs also to his wife. 5: So do not refuse these rights to each other. The only exception to this rule would be the agreement of both husband and wife to refrain from the rights of marriage for a limited time so that they can give themselves more completely to prayer. Afterward, they should come together again so that Satan won’t be able to tempt them because of their lack of self-control.
1 Corinthians makes it clear that husband and wives need regularly to engage in physical intimacy.
- Blame: Statements like “it is her fault, it is his fault” “when it is not my fault”; “so what’s my business”. Stop it because it is one of the bad habits that are proven to destroy your Christian marriage.
- Workaholism: When you make your job your number one priority. You will definitely have conflict in your Christian home. You shouldn’t risk your family happiness because of your job. Your family should come first. Having your job as your top priority is a bad idea.
- Financial Disputes: This happens especially when you and your spouse live for wealth and riches; money shouldn’t take the place of contentment in your family.
- Lying: One thing I know about “Lie” is that most people can’t live without telling a lie on a daily basis; which is a bad habit.
For any Christian marriage; lying destroys trust in your Christian home. Colossians’ 3:9 “Don’t tell lies to each other; it was your old life, with all its wickedness that did that sort of things; now it is dead and gone.
“Don’t tell lies to each other”. People lie for many reasons:
- To save face.
- To cover-up mistake.
- To look and feel important.
As Christian couples with new life, we don’t need those crutches. To defend or enrich ourselves; by lying is to tear and retreat from faith. The world needs Christian couples who love God and hate corruption and cover-up.
The convictions are taught in homes that respect and encourage truth-telling. Let your children know that you value honesty.
Encourage your children to be honest even in that of disobedience by modifying your discipline in the face of open confession. And most importantly, as a Christian couple model honesty in your dealings with family and strangers alike.
Making Your Christian Marriage work out
The success of your marriage depends on your efforts to make it work out. If you definitely neglect all these bad habits that destroy Christian marriages; I promise you a blissful relationship.
Tips that will Help You make your Christian Marriage Workout
- Maintain Your Christian Home: This first is to maintain a godly home, practice daily family devotions. Let the word of God be dwelling in your Christian home every day; read and meditate on it. Let Christ guide your home. Use your Christian home as a medium to spread the Daily Gospel. Let family member and friends see Christ in your home. Live godly.
- Good Communication: Nothing can take place of good communication in building a successful Christian marriage. Good communication promotes sound understanding. As a godly wife, you should know when to talk. Talking too much doesn’t make you a good wife. Talk less and pray more and the follow the example of Sarah in 1 Peter 3:6. Be discrete, courteous and be mindful of your speech when talking to your husband.
- Submit and Honor: As a godly wife submit to your husband. As a godly husband honor your wife.
Your Turn, please I will be glad to receive your comments. Remain Blessed. Share the love by sharing this article.