God’s Guide To Family Finance Planning
In most families, they find it difficult to handle their family expenses. How they spend money and how they manage their family finances.
In this article, I will emphasize on God’s Guide to family finance planning in every aspect of human undertakings.
Finances play a vital role in the success or failure of every Christian home. It is required in meeting every need in every home.
Importance of Family Financial planning
- Paying your children’s School fees.
- Paying of Bills and Utilities.
- Taking care of home expenses.
- Home maintenance.
The happiness of your Christian home solely depends on your ability to manage your family income. Management is the keyword here if you find it very hard to manage your family finance it leads to unplanned poverty and debts. Family finance can be a source of tension in your home.
They way you Spend your Family Finances tells a lot about you as the head of your family:
- It shows if you lack self-control.
- It shows if you are careful.
- It shows if you spend extravagantly.
- It shows if you are greedy.
- It shows if you are thoughtless.
- It shows if you are responsible.
- It shows if you are covetous.
- It shows if you are family wise.
- It shows if you care about your children’s future.
- It shows if you can manage your family finances.
As the head of your Christian home, it is your responsibility to provide for your family. It is also unwise if as a wife you spend lavishly the family money meant for the maintenance of your home on pieces of jewelry, accessories, or in buying designer clothes for yourself.
If you are selfish and covetous; if you lack self-control in the area of spending money; if you don’t know how to handle your family finances.
I have a way out for you; it’s just simple if you can adhere to instructions. The way out is making use of God’s Guide to family finance planning; by applying these GOD’S Guides you will see turnaround in your family finances.
Scripture has more to say about family finances. Read these passages as your prioritize your family budgets.scripture on finances in the bible
God’s Guide to Family Finance Planning
- Maintain Proper Perspective:
- God is more Important than Money: Proverbs 15:16 Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasures and trouble therewith (Further reading Psalm 37:16-17, Psalm 16:8, 1Timothy 6:6).
- Wealth is Fleeting: Proverbs 23:4-5 verse 4, Labor not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom. Verse 5, Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? For riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.
- God will provide: Matthew 6:25-34. Study this Bible verse with keen attention; mediate on it and you will see results. Secrets are in Books.
- Provide for Your Own Family:
- Provide for your immediate family: 1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel (further reading 2peter 2:1, Jude 4; Titus 1:16).
- Provide for your aging parents: Matthew 1:4-6.
- Avoid Family Debt:
- Repay what you owe: Psalm 37:21 The wicked borroweth and payeth not again; but the righteous showeth mercy, and giveth (further reading Psalm 112:5).
- Don’t co-sign for others: Proverbs 17:18 A man void of understanding striketh hands, and becometh surety in the presence of his friend (further reading Proverbs 6:1-5; 11:15; 22:26-27).
- Debt enslaves your family: proverbs 22:7 The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is a servant to the lender.
- Save for the Future of Your Family:
- Short range needs: Proverbs 30:25 The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer.
- Long range needs: Proverbs 21:20 There is a treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.
- Future Generations: Proverbs 13:22 A good man leaveth inheritance to his children’s children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
How I Manage My Family Finances
God’s Guide to family finance planning is what you need to manage your family finances. As the head of your family apply these guides to fashion out a plan to manage your family Income
- Write out your family’s income weekly and monthly.
- Prepare a daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cash budget to cover expenses on food items, rent, clothing, school fees, mortgage, capital projects and charity.
- Follow your Budget plan.
- Have extra money of miscellaneous expenses
- Save for the future.
- Avoid debts; plan how to pay back if any, either by installment or full payment.
- Avoid impulse buying.
You can read more articles on budgeting and financial management