In this article, you will find 13 effortless ways on how to stop hand practice. How to stop hand practice is a critical problem that must be tackled.
The first thing to do to stop hand practice is to understand that you do not have what it takes to break free from this chronic sin and habit that is doing you no good but harm.
The bad effects of hand practice are that it makes you too lazy to do any work, and it causes health-related problems such as low sperm count, erectile dysfunction.
In this article “How to Stop Hand Practice: 13 effortless ways to overcome masturbation” together we will both look deeply into different proven ways to stop hand practice:
How to overcome hand practice Biblically
Advantages and Disadvantages of hand practice
Bad effects of hand practice.
By yourself you cannot stop hand practice, you need assistance to on how to stop hand practice in your life and that divine helper is Jesus Christ.
It is only God that can help you, I know you may have tried so many online tips and strategies on how to stop hand practice unfortunately all failed.
Jesus Christ cannot fail you “I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing” John 15:5
This Bible verse confirms it, without Jesus Christ, you can’t possibly overcome hand practice.
Secondly, you need to know that you can overcome and stop hand practice habit because Jesus Christ assures you that. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13.
13 Proven ways to Stop Hand Practice
- Healing Begins with You: You must have faith that you can be set free from the habit of hand practice.
Firstly, you must be determined and willing to say “No” That is where you begin. You must make a decision that no matter what happens you must overcome masturbation, and when you must have made that decision, the problem will be greatly reduced.
This decision that you have made must be more than a hope, more than knowing that it is good for you.
If you sincerely make up your mind that you really want to overcome hand practice, then you will have the strength to resist any tendencies which will make you fall into temptations.
- Embrace the Word of God: The word of God is life. You cannot be reading lustful and sensual books and magazines as well as listening to immoral music’s and expect full deliverance from masturbation.
If you madly want to be fully delivered form the habit of studying and meditating on the word of God.
When you willing to make the word of God your most important companion and seek for divine help and assistance from the Holy Spirit, the habit of hand practice or masturbation fall off your life.
The key to gain self control and willpower in masturbation and lust, therefore, is thinking rightful thoughts that edify you; buying Christian books, listening to Christian tapes, attending Christian seminars, is going to help you re-shape your thought life.
- Be In Charge of Your Mind: Your Mind is your greatest weapon and not your genitals. Your mind controls your urge or arousal. So deliverance from hand practice begins with the transformation of the mind.
When you take control of your mind, sinful desires and pleasures would drop off.
I will give you scriptures that you need to get your head and heart right, meditate on these scriptures until they start bearing fruits in you.
What you do daily, is what you become; quote these scriptures daily and whenever you feel you are about to fall into temptation.
These scriptures will help you to renew your mind and the Holy Spirit will use these scriptures to teach you.
Scriptures that will help you overcome Masturbation/Hand Practice
“Rather clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature” Romans 13:14.
“The Mind of the sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the spirit is life and peace” Romans 8:6.
“Jesus replied; I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. So if the son set’s you free, you will be free indeed.’’’ John 8:34,36
“The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We have demolished arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
Write these scriptures down and start a daily reading.
- The Act of Praying: If you don’t pray, you become a prey; a prayer less Christian is a graceless Christian.
If you don’t form the habit of praying, you would not be able to overcome the temptation of hand practice and other habits. You have to pray if you truly want to overcome hand practice.
- Work on Yourself Daily: Overcoming masturbation or any other habits takes time; it doesn’t happen overnight but overtime. So to overcome the habit of hand practice or masturbation will not happen just overnight but over time.
Learning how to stop hand practice is a gradual process, on the process of overcoming it you will experience failures and discouragement; that’s why you need to consult your counselor and pastor on a regular basis.
Work on your success one day at a time. Here is a way to think “Am the only one left in this room Lord, Just let me get through this afternoon” As the Lord helps you get through each afternoon; you can be sure that He will get you through the day and the entire month.
Constantly remind yourself when last you did hand practice or lusted, with this in mind you would not start over again and feel guilty.
- Set Achievable Goals of Abstinence: Until you make up your mind and stay committed to the fact that you will not fall into the act of hand practice, you will always be open to temptation.
When setting goals of Abstinence begin with a day, then a week, year and finally you are free.
- Engage in Daily Exercise: Daily exercise has the tendency to lessen the desire to masturbate. It reduces emotional tension and depression.
- Stays Away from Situation That Tempts You: Stay away from situations that make you feel lonely, bored, depressed and, frustrated.
- Change the Way you think: This is the area that you need to concentrate more on; think deeply and figure out why you masturbate. A chronic habit of masturbation is usually an emotional substitute for something.
If you are using hand practice or masturbation to overcome sadness, lack of self-esteem, feelings of rejection or fear of failure, then you are confusing physiological issues with it.
Change in behavior and attitude through a changed self-image. Spend time daily working on yourself to be strong and in control.
See Also: 6 Root Causes Of Masturbation
- Grow Spiritually: Take Spiritual activities seriously. Study and meditate on the word of God daily. Go to Bible teaching church regularly, work in the vineyard and associate with other Christians.
- Watch the kind of Friends And Company you keep: Don’t associate with friends having the same problem.
- Don’t waste time in the Bathroom. Spend less time in the bathroom; dry your body, dress up and then get out of the bathroom.
- Avoid tempting Materials: Keep tempting materials like videos out of your mind. You must not allow it to sink in your mind.
When you fulfill that, you will soon be free from the act of hand practice. Put pure thoughts into your mind at all times.
The minute you start seeing hand practice or masturbation as a force and not a bad habit you are half way delivered.
You are not your own enemy, if just controlling yourself was the solution to hand practice in the first place, I doubt you would have a big problem, and probably you would not be reading this blog article right now.
Finally on How to Stop Hand Practice:
Read good books, read the Holy Bible, spend a few dollars on buying Christians books and read them.
Make a daily habit of studying at least two chapters of the scriptures.
Begin to work on a self development program. Relate this plan to improving your work in the vineyard of God, to improving your relationship with your family, with God and the Holy Spirit.
Work hard to develop your strengths and talents. Be friendly and hangout with friends and family, enjoy talking to them.
It is finished, this is the last article you are going to read on how to stop hand practice or gaining freedom from masturbation.
If have any Suggestion and Comments, please use the Commentary box, I would love to hear from you.