How mindful are you to your children. All parents in one way or the other want to protect their children from Child predators and child molesters. But do you know the Signs of a Child Predator?
Child abuse, molestation, and pedophilia is a topic under parenting category; parents and community leaders need to read and learn how to identify a child predator in their community or families.
Pedophilia is a psychosexual disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children (Definition adapted from Wikipedia).
Prepubescent children are kids who haven’t reached puberty. For a child predator, children are the exclusive means of achieving sexual excitement and gratification.
In other definition, the term “pedophilia” refers to consistent feelings of attraction in an adult toward kids who haven’t reached puberty, whether the attraction is created upon or not. A person with this attraction is called a “Pedophile”
Pedophilia is a very bad act and a damaging experience. An adult who engages in such activities with a child is guilty of an immoral act which can never be considered normal or socially acceptable behavior.
Identifying a child predator can be quite difficult for you. I have some guidelines in this article that can help you identify the signs of a child predator.
4 Four Signs of a child predator
- child predators are of different age, appearance, and gender. All child predators do is to search for a victim to molest. They start by searching for distressed families that are divorced, needy, unhappy, home with single mothers and moms who have little time for her children because of their career. Pedophiles differ in their types.
- Focuses on Child: This is another sign of a child predator. When he wins his way into a victim’s home, he or she becomes more focused on the children.
- They are masters at using sweet words ( sugarcoated mouth): Child predators can use physical threats, trickery, sweet words or emotional manipulation to gain cooperation before they begin to abuse the child, the child predator or child molester will tell the child that whatever they do should be kept secret.
This may be a complicated issue for the child if the act is pleasurable.
The child molester goes on with all forms of abusive activity with the child e.g. masturbation, fondling, touching of private body parts, penetrating of the genital area with objects.
- Child predators are not Strangers; they are usually people who are well trusted in the family or community.
People Who Are Child predator or Child Molester
- Caregiver or nannies
- Family friends and the list go on.
Places you can find a Child predator/Child Molester
- Youth groups
- Distressed Home
Three (3) Signs In a Child Predator To look out For:
- He buys expensive play toys for the child.
- Child predators are most kind, most giving, most willing and helpful.
- They start having a friendly conversation with the child to gain his or her trust. The conversation between the child predator and the kid is done after gaining the trust of the parents who make him or her friend. Single moms are the most victims because of loneliness.
Conclusion, if you have a nanny or a caregiver I will advise you to install a Home Camera in your home. Lastly, Child predators can be found anywhere; Teenagers and kids can meet them on the internet, social media and keep it secret.
Watch out for this Signs of a Child Predator.